Occupational Health Nurse Administrator New
United States Postal Service USPS
$61,776 - $83,631 a year
OCCUP HEALTH NURSE ADMINISTRATOR
FACILITY LOCATION: CHICAGO CS DISTRICT 433 W HARRISON ST STE 2036 CHICAGO, IL 60699-9998
CONTACT INFORMATION: Jessie tucker @usps.gov
TITLE: OCCUP HEALTH NURSE ADMINISTRATOR
GRADE: EAS - 18
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
OCCUPATION CODE: 0610-0001
NON-SCHEDULED DAYS: Saturday/Sunday
HOURS: 08:00 A.M. to 05:00 P.M.
SALARY RANGE: 61,776.00 - 83,631.00 USD Annually
FINANCE NUMBER: 161535
The salary will be based on previous experience, salary history, and current postal pay policies. We offer excellent benefits including health and life insurance, retirement plan, savings/investment plan with employer contribution, flexible spending, flextime scheduling of core work hours, annual and sick leave.
Persons Eligible to Apply All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United States. Applicants must be available for screening activities, including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’ preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position.
Current career postal employees are not eligible to apply
If you are a military veteran, you must attach a copy of your DD-214 (Member Copy #4) to your application under the Veterans Preference tab.
Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service System.
Applicants must be age 18 at the time of hire (or age 16 with a high school diploma)
All applicants must apply on line at www.usps.com/employment to be considered for this employment opportunity. Paper or Emailed Applications for Employment will not be accepted in person or by email. You must have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations, interviews and background checks will be conveyed by email.
Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list right away to allow correspondence, especially if you use SPAM blocking software, use a yahoo or gmail account, or use a work or military email address! @usps.gov @psionline.com @geninfo.com
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
Newly appointed EAS Grade employees are subject to a 1 year probationary period.
Applicants must demonstrate in writing the requirements listed on the announcement through a combination of education, training and experience. You may use both your Summary of Accomplishments and description of duties (under Work Experience) to address each of the requirements listed.
Reimbursement of relocation expenses will NOT be authorized.
Functional Purpose Implements and participates in programs to provide preventative medical care and health maintenance in support of safety and health goals. Secures, evaluates, monitors, and administers contracts for medical services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and implements programs of preventive health education for a geographic area.
- Oversees medical contract services provided within the area assigned. Monitors the quality of work provided and implements changes where required.
- Maintains confidential employee medical records, ensuring that entries are current; prepares summaries of medical information on a regular and as needed basis
- Ensures that employees are trained in the procedures and resources available for obtaining emergency medical care.
- Determines the availability of wellness programs, blood pressure screenings, inoculation, and related services in the local community, and makes arrangements to provide these services to employees.
- Works with the employee assistance function to identify, refer and follow-up on employees needing these services. Consults with local employee assistance committees and coordinators to ensure that resources are readily available.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of mandated health protection programs in conjunction with employees from the safety function.
- Develops and reviews local crisis management plans; assists in identifying community based medical services to support these plans.
- Serves on the local joint safety and health committee. Reviews accident reports to assist in identifying safety hazards; consults with representatives of labor and management in identifying and resolving safety and health issues.
- Provides guidance to injury compensation specialists in understanding work-related injuries, treatment, and physical limitations. Provides medial liaison with OWCP; monitors progress of limited duty and rehabilitation employees. 11. Visits facilities to identify safety and health hazards and obtain feedback on the quality of contractor supplied medical services. 12. May supervise the day-to-day activities of a health unit. Responds to medical emergencies in the facilities to which assigned.
Manager, Health and Resource Management (Dist)
The United States Postal Service has the following excellent and challenging employment opportunity for highly motivated and innovative individuals. Successful candidates must demonstrate through a combination of education, training, and experience the following requirements:
- Knowledge of medical care, nursing services, health maintenance programs.
- Knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) initiated health protection programs; in conjunction with the safety staff has the ability to develop and implement these programs.
- Knowledge of Crisis Management and assists in the development and Periodic review of a local Crisis Management Plan; ability to assist in locating and interfacing with community based medical services required for implementation.
- Ability to monitor progress of limited duty and rehabilitation employees.
- Ability to provide professional nursing care and assist the medical officer in scheduling and conducting special physical examinations or interviews.
- Ability to oversee and supervise all medical contract services; implements a quality control program for these services within the defined area of responsibility.
- Ability to prepare, maintain, and update confidential employee medical records.
- Ability to communicate with managers and supervisors on health and safety related issues and concerns.
- Ability to identify and evaluate local communities for resources in the provisions of regular and periodic wellness programs, i.e., screening, immunizations, surveys.
- Applicant must possess a current Registered Nurse license from a U.S. state, territory, or the District of Columbia.
- Knowledge of the Injury Compensation Program and assists injury compensation staff with work related injuries, appropriate treatment/physical limitations: provides medical liaison with Office of Workers Compensation when needed.
- Ability to design and implement a program of preventive health education for all employees within a geographic area.
Qualified applicants must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening to meet the U.S. Postal Service's requirement to be drug free. Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m., Central Time, of the posting's closing date. Applicants claiming veterans' preference must attach a copy of member copy 4 (only) of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214) or other proof of eligibility if claiming 10-point veterans' preference. The United States Postal Service (USPS) is an equal opportunity employer. The USPS provides reasonable accommodation for any part of the application, interview, and/or selection process, please make your request to the examiner, selecting official or local manager of Human Resources. This request can also be made by someone on your behalf. Explain the nature of your limitations and the accommodation needed. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
SPECIAL NOTE: Current career Postal Service employees are ineligible to apply to this posting.